A new report has revealed backstage concern over a top AEW star needing surgery.
In August 2022, then-AEW Women’s World Champion Thunder Rosa announced that due to a back injury, she needed to take time off to recover.
Despite the injury keeping her out of action for eight months and forcing her to relinquish her title, Rosa has yet to make her return, but she hasn’t had surgery for her injury.
As previously reported, the former AEW Women’s World Champion has shared an update to inform fans that she has tried to get back into the ring, but she’s still in pain from her injury.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided a further update, noting that Thunder Rosa is still not cleared and there is concern that she may need surgery to repair her back now.
This would lead to her return being pushed back even further to recover from the surgery.
It was also recently revealed by Tony Khan that Rosa and her long time rival Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. may “never get along,” which you can read here.
You can keep track of the AEW stars currently recovering from injuries at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?