It’s been said that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) stars were yelled at backstage for a particular spot during a recent match.
Following some recent comments by Jim Ross and others, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that the situation has caused “controversy” within the company.
Bryan Alvarez then said some wrestlers were “yelled at” backstage recently for a performing a spot similar to what Jim Ross had criticised on his podcast.
Among other things, Ross had lambasted the idea of wrestlers huddling up on the outside to catch an opponent doing a dive in an obviously contrived manner, which is happening more often now than it ever has before.
Brandon Cutler then used Ross’ criticism mockingly in a tweet to promote the recent big Inner Circle multi-man tag match. Another wrestler gave a statement to WrestlingNews.co saying JR shouldn’t publicly criticise AEW’s own wrestlers.
Others, namely Dax Harwood and Darby Allin, have since agreed with Ross’ comments.
H/T Wrestling Inc
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’