Cora Jade pulled out a professional wrestling reference from well before her birth on tonight’s (July 19) edition of NXT 2.0.
After taking to the mic to explain her dastardly actions against her fellow NXT 2.0 Women’s Tag Team champion, Roxanne Perez, Jade made sure to leave no questions unanswered.
She left the ring, still with mic in hand to say that the title didn’t mean anything to her anymore, clarifying that the naive Cora Jade of the past is gone and the ‘generation of Jade’ had only just begun because she “is wired just a little bit differently lately.”
She then pulled a Madusa, throwing the championship title belt in a garbage can at ringside.
For those who don’t remember, Madusa who was known as Alundra Blayze in WWE and famously appeared on WCW Nitro, throwing her at the time, WWF Women’s Championship title belt in a trash can on the air in 1995.
Fun fact: Madusa was short for “Made in the USA” not in reference to Medusa, the mythical creature. The more you know!
Elsewhere on tonight’s show, a massive 20 woman battle royal to determine the #1 contender for the NXT 2.0 Women’s Championship and titles are on the line tonight as Pretty Deadly challenge Briggs and Jensen in a big USA vs. Britain showdown over the NXT UK Tag Team Championships.
.@CoraJadeWWE has no love for @roxanne_wwe or the #WWENXT Women's Tag Team Titles. pic.twitter.com/OFZETRnlQ9
— WWE (@WWE) July 20, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss