WWE’s Corey Graves has revealed that he has been medically cleared for a potential in-ring return.
Last month, Fightful reported that Graves had been cleared to return to the ring, at least in some capacity.
In an interview with TMZ, Graves confirmed this, noting that he felt he needed to get the nod from doctors for his own sanity.
Discussing the possibility of a return to the ring, Graves said:
“I went and spent some time with doctors middle of last year. I kinda got the itch. This is one of the first times I’m saying this publicly. I have been medically cleared to compete.
“It’s not an immediate goal of mine, it was just something I needed to know for my own sanity. My journey in the ring got cut short and it’s kinda eaten at me for years, always wondering what if, what if there’s a chance, what if there’s an opportunity … so I went and did the necessary steps and it turns out I’m more okay than I thought I was.”
Graves was forced to step away from the ring in 2014 after a series of concussions. The former NXT Tag Team Champion has been a commentator for the company ever since, briefly holding the 24/7 Championship in November 2021.
Graves and Carmella are set to star in a WWE reality series, set to premiere next month. You can watch the trailer for the series here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’