WWE SmackDown colour commentator Corey Graves has admitted that he prefers working on a two-person commentary team as opposed to three.
Speaking on After The Bell, he said:
“[Cole] and I have worked together long enough that we have that chemistry and I sort of learned commentary from his style so it’s a lot easier to flow back and forth. It’s weird, when you have three voices, sometimes you’re struggling just to get a word in edge-wise or to complete a thought and you’ve got two other people to worry about rather than just one. It’s a different vibe than the three-man table, and I prefer it for sure.
“I have a hard time without having you [Renee] or a third person because Cole is so hard to break. He can keep straight face through anything. I always used to gauge if something had landed because I could look at you, Byron [Saxton] or Tom [Phillips] and have the giggles. I get him from time to time but it’s a lot harder.”
I think it’s probably the general consensus that two-person commentary teams are better than three from a viewer/listener perspective.
Unless those two people are Corey Graves and Michael Cole, but that’s another story for another day.
Thanks to Fightful for the quote
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’