The backstage reaction to the IWGP US Championship match at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door has been revealed.
During the crossover event, Will Ospreay defended his NJPW gold against AEW’s Orange Cassidy. Ospreay picked up the victory after almost 17 minutes of back-and-forth action, with Cassidy notably kicking out of Ospreay’s Hidden Blade elbow.
Many fans have argued that the bout was their match of the night. Per a Wrestling Observer Daily Update, people backstage were ‘going crazy with the quality’ of the bout.
Former champion Juice Robinson was shown watching the bout with the physical title belt. Robinson was forced to relinquish his championship ahead of Dominion, as he was unable to compete at the event.
After the contest, Katsuyori Shibata confronted Ospreay, fighting him off before befriending Orange Cassidy.
In the main event of Forbidden Door, Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the interim AEW World Championship. Clarification has emerged on Jon Moxley’s status, following concerns that he had suffered a concussion.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Cora Jade & Bron Breakker Trending On Twitter After Possibly Revealing Relationship
- AJ Styles On Triple H Taking Over Creative From Vince McMahon: ‘It’s Just Different’
- Santos Escobar Featured On WrestleMania 39 Launch Party & Teases Main Roster Call Up
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- WWE NXT Level Up August 12 Set For Debut & Chase U
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- AJ Styles Talks WWE Contract Status & Whether He Considered AEW