With Mercedes Mone now applying her craft in Japan after her WWE departure, she has the chance to step into the ring with new opponents around the world.
Mercedes currently holds the IWGP Women’s Championship, with her set to defend the title against Mayu Iwatani at tomorrow’s STARDOM All Star Grand Queendom event on April 23.
One name who is hoping to step into the ring with Mercedes is current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo, who spoke to Fightful’s In The Weeds podcast, where she said that she has wanted to face Mercedes ‘for years’.
However, she also has plans to face Mayu should she dethrone Mercedes for the title tomorrow.
“Obviously, the first person everyone thinks about is Mercedes Mone. That is a dream match of mine, for years now. If that is an opportunity, I would be remised not to be like, ‘Yes, that’s what I want, that’s what I need.’
“If Mayu wins, I’ve been in a match with Mayu, she beat me at Ring of Honor to challenge for the then Women of Honor Championship. There is some history there that could be really fun to revisit if Mayu ends up defeating Mercedes.”
quotes via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed