Current UFC star Miranda Maverick has confirmed that she has started wrestling training while continuing with MMA.
Flyweight fighter Maverick made an appearance at The Big Event expo in New York on Saturday (November 12).
During her time at the expo, Maverick took a photo with WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, which she shared on Twitter.
In her tweet, Maverick revealed that she will begin her in-ring training this week, following a tryout with Rocky Mountain Pro.
“P.S. I did the wrestling tryouts at @therockymtnpro & start training Monday 😎 And YES I’m still fighting for UFC for the foreseeable future 😉”
The MMA fighter won both of her fights this year, defeating Sabina Mazo with a rear-naked choke submission on March 12, and picking up a unanimous decision victory over Shanna Young on November 5.
Former Bellator star Valerie Loureda recently made her in-ring debut for WWE, after signing with the company in June.
Loureda competed in a Halloween-themed battle royal on the October 28 NXT house show, and teamed with Bronco Nima and Xyon Quinn to face Chase U at the November 12 event.
Stay up to date with NXT TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Issues In AEW Potentially Led To William Regal’s WWE Return
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Here’s What Triple H ‘Almost Never Mentioned’ In Creative Meetings
- Barry Windham Suffers Heart Attack, Currently In ICU
- New Changes, Additions & Plans For WWE 2K23 Potentially Revealed
- Huge Tease For The Rock Vs Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 39
- Wrestling Veteran Was Allegedly ‘Stoned’ During Hall Of Fame Speech
- AEW Star Compares WWE Past To Current Role
- Vince McMahon VICE Documentary Time & Date Revealed
- AEW Name Doesn’t Rule Out Potential WWE Run