It is good to have goals when you are in WWE, even when you are a champion. Such is the case with the NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar who recently said he wants to be NXT Champion.
In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Escobar revealed his ambitions to become the top champion in NXT. Here is the quote:
“When I was first presented this opportunity to shine in the cruiserweight division, my goal became to move this title from the pre-show to the main show. I need to show this title in a new light and defend it at TakeOvers.
My end game is to become NXT Champion. Finn Bálor is the champion, and we would present an amazing battle for that title.”
The current NXT Champion is Finn Balor who won the title on NXT in September 2020. Escobar has been NXT Cruiserweight Champion for even longer, having won his title on NXT in June 2020.
Escobar was set to defend his title against Curt Stallion on tonight’s episode of NXT. However, it has been pointed out that the preview for that match is missing from WWE.com and thus the match may not be taking place.
- Cody Rhodes In Incredible Shape Amid Royal Rumble Rumours (Photo)
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star Making AEW Debut
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Shocking Update On Miro Being Absent From AEW TV
- AEW Rampage Spoilers December 9, 2022
- WWE Star Not Medically Cleared & Match Canceled As Precaution Ahead Of Very Important Show
- Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal Winner Crowned On AEW Dynamite
- FTR Vs. The Briscoes III Stipulation Match Made Official
- Saraya’s Next AEW Match Revealed
- Must-See Star Making Ricky Starks & MJF Promo On AEW Dynamite