A former WWE star has discussed training Brock Lesnar ahead of his return.
In 2012, Brock Lesnar made his WWE return after being away from the company for eight years. Ahead of his return at WWE Extreme Rules 2012, Lesnar needed some tune-up matches before he had a showdown with John Cena.
Speaking with WWE.com back in 2014, Curtis Axel discussed helping to train Brock Lesnar ahead of his return. He said:
“I’m going to beat your ass all the way to the corner, and then I’m going to take a step back. And when I come back to you, I want you to beat my ass all the way back to the other corner.”
“And if it’s not up to my standards, if it’s not sufficient enough and I don’t think you’re aggressive, you know what’s going to happen to you.”
“And in my head I’m thinking, ‘What does this mean?!?’ so, it happened. I beat his ass all the way to the corner as aggressive as I could, I got up waiting for him to do something and he said, ‘That’s good.’ And we moved on. I’d love to wrestle Brock in a match.”
Brock Lesnar will compete at this weekend’s WrestleMania 39 in a bout against Omos on Sunday, April 2. For the full lineup for the event, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- New Theme Song For Top AEW Star