WWE coach and producer D-Von Dudley has commented on the change in leadership, with Triple H now in charge of creative.
Triple H oversees all aspects of WWE creative as the company’s Chief Content Officer. He received this role ‘elevation’ after Vince McMahon announced his retirement in late-July.
Speaking on The A2theK Wrestling Show, D-Von compared the leadership shift to an onscreen title change, noting:
“Vince used to always tell the wrestlers sometimes the vision is not there anymore, or sometimes you just need a new vision to help you out, and I think Triple H is that vision. I think Triple H got his feet wet with everything on ‘NXT.’
“When he started ‘NXT,’ he took indie wrestlers and made them into stars. That’s very hard to do that. I don’t care what nobody says, you could say what you want about Triple H, but that’s very hard to do that. He made ‘NXT’ a household name when you talk about professional wrestling.
“So, that got his feet wet there, and then now taking over for Vince and doing what he’s doing, I’m very, very happy about it. The atmosphere in the locker room is tremendous.”
D-Von, who currently works as an NXT coach and producer, is helping his sons, Terrence and Terrell Hughes, prepare for potential WWE runs.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Update On Plans For The AEW Fight Forever Video Game
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth