Following her WWE return at SummerSlam 2022, details have emerged on other promotions’ interest in Dakota Kai while she was a free agent.
Kai was originally released from her WWE NXT contract in late April, and became a free agent a month later in May.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), multiple companies were interested in Kai following her WWE departure. It was noted that she had been in contact with AEW, but talks never really picked up after a short message introduction.
Fightful noted that there were a number of individuals in WWE who expected Triple H to make it a priority to bring her back, now that he’s the EVP of Talent Relations and Head of Creative.
It was also reported that, following her main roster looks, several writers were ‘baffled’ that she wasn’t included in last year’s main roster WWE Draft.
Kai made her WWE return following the Raw Women’s Championship bout at SummerSlam, aligning herself with Bayley and Iyo Sky (fka Io Shirai).
Following the surprise appearances of Bayley, Sky and Kai, the wrestling world has taken to Twitter to thank Triple H.
Kai was one of over 20 onscreen names to finish up with WWE this year. Stay up to date with every WWE departure of 2022 using our tracker right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- Paul Heyman Reveals Vince McMahon’s Involvement In Turning Roman Reigns Heel
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?