WWE made it’s latest round of releases last night (April 29), releasing 10 names from the NXT roster, including Dakota Kai and Dexter Lumis.
The wrestling world has sent it’s love and support to Dakota, who remained silent on the day.
Dakota took to Twitter today to issue a statement on her WWE release, where she revealed that she will be retiring the ‘Evie’ name, but is not done.
Above everything, thank you all. I am so overwhelmed at all the love and support. The DMS, txts, tweets.. you all have my heart. I love you.
I am thankful for being able to meet, work and intertwine with so many beautiful people, people I looked up to, people I learned from.. I met some of my best friends over these last few years that will remain in my life forever.
I don’t know what’s next for me. I chose ‘Evie’ at 17 years old. That chapter is shut.. just know this; I’m far from being done.
Persia Pirotta was another of the names released by the company yesterday, and she also took to Twitter today to issue a statement on her departure.
Not another damn notes app lol.
Tldr: i love u, see u soon x pic.twitter.com/9009IwhILc
— ??????????? ? (@DakotaKai_WWE) April 30, 2022
- UFC Hall Of Famer Daniel Cormier To Serve As Special Guest Referee At WWE Extreme Rules
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media
- Ricky Steamboat Announces In-Ring Return With FTR
- Update On Triple H Changing GUNTHER’s Ring Name
- Jury Comes To Decision In Randy Orton WWE 2K Tattoo Lawsuit
- WWE Stars Gets Married (Photo)
- WWE Reveals Lineup For Last Raw Before Extreme Rules (October 3)
- Rhea Ripley Wants To Do Mixed Tag Matches With Damian Priest
- Seth Rollins Recalls Fan Attack On WWE Raw
- Shawn Michaels On Whether NXT Recruiting Independent Wrestlers