Dakota Kai was one of 10 NXT names released from WWE back on April 29, and she is currently subject to a 30 day non-compete clause before she is free to wrestle elsewhere.
Prior to signing with WWE, Dakota wrestled on the independents under the name ‘Evie’, which she mentioned in her statement following her release that she would not be using on her return to the ring.
Dakota had several nicknames during her WWE run, including the ‘Captain of Team Kick’, she also often referred to herself as ‘King Kota’. The latter of which appears to be the ring-name she will be using going forward.
Dakota (real name Charlie Crawley) recently updated her Instagram handle, now being ‘@imkingkota’, seemingly revealing that this is the name she will use once her non-compete clause has expired.
For a list of all WWE stars released in 2022, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins