The final of the tournament for the vacant WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship took place on the August 29 episode of Raw, when Aliyah and Raquel Rodriguez picked up the shock victory over Dakota Kai and IYO SKY.
The finish was not without controversy though, as Aliyah pinned Dakota Kai to score the victory, but Dakota was not the legal competitor in the match for the finish.
The Damage CTRL duo of Kai and SKY got a rematch for the titles on tonight’s (September 12) episode of Raw in a rematch from the tournament final.
Dakota would this time pin Aliyah, ending Raquel and Aliyah’s reign at 14 days, and earning Dakota and IYO their first main roster championship.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled