On SmackDown, Daniel Bryan addressed a glaring flaw in his self-righteous character’s rhetoric when he dumped the leather WWE Title in a trash can and reintroduced his own version of the title belt.
Bryan, flanked by Rowan (who has dropped his first name again) told a tale about a cow called Daisy that had given over its life in order for the WWE Title belt to be created, prompting loud, “thank you Daisy” chants from the lively crowd.
Daisy the Cow had to give her life for the #WWEChampionship, and The New @WWEDanielBryan will not tolerate it. #SDLive pic.twitter.com/UKtYu7Ohi2
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) January 30, 2019
Bryan then introduced a new title belt, made from “100% sustainable organic hemp” and “carved from a naturally fallen oak”. The brown and cream belt also contains green and blue earth stones rather than diamonds. It is certainly unlike any title seen before, in WWE or anywhere else for that matter!
Bryan joins the likes of Steve Austin, The Rock, John Cena, Edge and The Miz in having his own custom title belt created, putting him in a fairly exclusive club.
The "NEW" @WWEDanielBryan unveils the NEW #WWEChampionship made from sustainable, organic hemp! #SDLive pic.twitter.com/iczsHupiqr
— WWE (@WWE) January 30, 2019
Annoyed with Bryan’s behaviour or perhaps just desperate to get their hands on the new belt, several SmackDown stars then hit the ring to stake their claims for a title shot. With AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Mustafa Ali and Samoa Joe all brawling in the ring, Bryan escaped and refused to defend the belt against any of them.
Triple H then appeared on the screen and said Bryan would actually defend against all of them inside the Elimination Chamber at the PPV of the same name.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw