Daniel Bryan, who departed WWE this past April, reportedly “really” wants a match with top NJPW star Will Ospreay.
Bryan hasn’t been seen in wrestling since his WWE contract expired at the end of April following a Universal Championship loss to Roman Reigns on SmackDown.
He’s been rumoured to be heading to AEW, but there’s apparently one match that is really important to him, which is Will Ospreay.
Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men podcast said:
“I know that Daniel Bryan really wanted to work with Will Ospreay. I know that, for Bryan, that’s a big thing.”
If Daniel Bryan was to sign with AEW, the big plus would be he’d get to work with NJPW too, much like Jon Moxley, Lance Archer and others have done.
It’s been reported that he’s likely to be at the New York special edition of Dynamite next month.
Ospreay made his NJPW return at Resurgence after months away and declared he’s the “real” IWGP World Heavyweight Champion after previously vacating the title due to his absence.
Quote via Sportskeeda
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return