UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier has reiterated his desire to fight Brock Lesnar, and in a recent interview with ESPN, went as far as saying he would cost Brock Lesnar his Universal Championship match at WrestleMania.
A fight between the two seemed to be on the cards for a while, but never came to fruition, and Lesnar ended up re-signing with WWE and becoming a two-time Universal Champion last year.
When asked about any future fights he has lined up, Cormier replied:
“I don’t have a fight exactly scheduled yet but I’ve got my eyes on Brock Lesnar.
“I may go to WWE’s WrestleMania, and I may go cost him his title over there so he can hurry up and get to the UFC so I can beat him here.”
Daniel Cormier is the kind of guy to get some shine on ESPN and all of a sudden forget about the little people ? pic.twitter.com/aZvbeWgoCg
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) March 24, 2019
UFC President Dana White said earlier this week that he was “hoping to hear” from Brock Lesnar, and said he thinks a fight between Lesnar and Cormier will happen.
Lesnar will of course defend his Universal Title against 2019 men’s Royal Rumble winner Seth Rollins at WrestleMania on April 7.
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule