Daniel Garcia has explained the difference between a pro-wrestler and a ‘sports entertainer’, following the formation of the Jericho Appreciation Society.
During his recent rivalry with Eddie Kingston, Chris Jericho began to refer to himself as a sports entertainer, a term used by WWE to describe their performers instead of pro-wrestlers.
Speaking with WhatCulture, Daniel Garcia has argued that the terms are not interchangeable.
Also believing that a star can be both a legitimate grappler and a sports entertainer, Garcia said:
“There is a big difference between pro wrestlers and sports entertainers. I fit the mold of sports entertainer perfectly. I am charismatic, I’m pretty handsome, I’m a good looking guy, and I fit the mold of a sports entertainer perfectly.
“I feel I’m one of the only sports entertainers on the AEW roster. Same with Chris Jericho. He’s really taken me under his wing and is teaching me how to excel and be a sports entertainer because that’s where you make money, where you become rich, where you become one of the greatest of all time. Chris Jericho is teaching me how to do that.
“You can be a legit wrestler and still be a sports entertainer. Any style can be sports entertainment. Eddie Guerrero; incredible in-ring wrestler, great sports entertainer. That is the mold that is the blueprint of being what a great professional wrestler is and a great sports entertainer.”
Garcia has also addressed his alliance with Jericho, despite Bryan Danielson expressing interest in working with him, which you can read more about right here.
The rising star last wrestled on last week’s AEW Dynamite, teaming with Jericho & Jake Hager to defeat Eddie Kingston, Santana & Ortiz.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring