AEW President Tony Khan has revealed that Daniel Garcia is currently working under an agreement with All Elite Wrestling (AEW).
In the main event of the August 20 episode of AEW Rampage, Daniel Garcia was defeated by Jon Moxley. Garcia recently wrestled on the August 4 and 11 episodes of Dynamite, following numerous matches on AEW Dark.
In the recent post-Rampage media scrum, Khan was asked about Garcia’s AEW status. Praising his recent work, Khan said:
“Daniel Garcia is doing awesome, he’s done tremendous work for us and he’s been involved in some really important matches. It’s been great to have a fresh, young heel who can come in and immediately get thrown into the fire and succeed and really come through for us in these situations,” Khan said.
“He is under an agreement, and I think he can do a lot more things and really shine for us in the future, and really stay with us for a long time, hopefully. Daniel Garcia is doing great work and he had a great match with Moxley tonight in the main event match of the show.”
You may have also heard that on the August 20 show, CM Punk returned to wrestling, addressing the Chicago crowd. Punk has stated that his Rampage appearance felt “more organic” than his Money in the Bank 2011 celebrations.
Transcription via WrestleZone.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Scary Scene After AEW Rampage Taping, Bryan Danielson Leg Stuck Between Ramp And Ring
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling