Danny Limelight has announced that he’s now officially a free agent, confirming his departure from Major League Wrestling.
Limelight had signed with MLW in July 2021, following his debut at that month’s Battle Riot event.
Taking to Twitter to reveal that he’s no longer under contract, Limelight noted:
I’m Officially a Free Agent. Where to Next 👀
Prior to signing with MLW, Limelight had been on a tiered contract with AEW. He debuted for AEW during the October 21, 2020 Dark taping and quickly became a regular name on Dark and Dark: Elevation.
Limelight notably wrestled on the second night of Dynamite: New Year’s Smash 2021, teaming with Brian Pillman Jr and Griff Garrison to face Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers. He has also shared AEW rings with the likes of Jon Moxley, Konosuke Takeshita and Eddie Kingston.
He last wrestled for AEW during the June 5 Dark taping, with his match against Ethan Page airing on the June 16 episode. The star has hinted at his return to the promotion, liking a tweet asking whether he misses working for AEW.
Limelight has also regularly wrestled for NJPW STRONG since June 2020, last competing for the promotion during the STRONG: Collision tapings in May.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter
- Dwight Howard Has ‘No Doubt’ About Joining WWE