Danny Limelight has announced that he’s now officially a free agent, confirming his departure from Major League Wrestling.
Limelight had signed with MLW in July 2021, following his debut at that month’s Battle Riot event.
Taking to Twitter to reveal that he’s no longer under contract, Limelight noted:
I’m Officially a Free Agent. Where to Next 👀
Prior to signing with MLW, Limelight had been on a tiered contract with AEW. He debuted for AEW during the October 21, 2020 Dark taping and quickly became a regular name on Dark and Dark: Elevation.
Limelight notably wrestled on the second night of Dynamite: New Year’s Smash 2021, teaming with Brian Pillman Jr and Griff Garrison to face Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers. He has also shared AEW rings with the likes of Jon Moxley, Konosuke Takeshita and Eddie Kingston.
He last wrestled for AEW during the June 5 Dark taping, with his match against Ethan Page airing on the June 16 episode. The star has hinted at his return to the promotion, liking a tweet asking whether he misses working for AEW.
Limelight has also regularly wrestled for NJPW STRONG since June 2020, last competing for the promotion during the STRONG: Collision tapings in May.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- Real Reason For Britt Baker AEW Absence Revealed
- WWE Star Discussed As Roman Reigns WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Opponent Revealed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown