Darby Allin has discussed the worst bump he’s ever taken in a match, revealing that he suffered a brain haemorrhage as a result of an in-ring accident.
Speaking with Robbie Fox on ‘My Mom’s Basement’, Allin explained that in a match against Joey Janela in New Orleans, his head hit the concrete floor when he attempted a suicide dive.
Allin noted that after the bout, doctors told him he was bleeding from his brain, and was out of action for two months to recover.
Recalling the experience, Allin said:
“It’s funny you say that, Joey Janela, because he was in the match where I had took my sketchiest bump I would say is I had him in New Orleans and he was sitting in a chair outside the ring and I did a running dive where I do a front flip halfway through the dive but I put the chair too far and you know, the independents, they’re cheap asses.
“They don’t wanna put the padding around the ring so my ankles caught him but my head bounced off the concrete and I just started feeling like everything was swelling and then after the match, because I finished the match, afterwards I went to the hospital and they’re saying, ‘Yo, you’re bleeding from the brain’ and I was like, ‘F**k!’ So like, yeah.
“I went under for I can’t remember how long but then they were just — dude, I don’t know. They did something where they monitored it. I can’t even remember the full procedure but I couldn’t wrestle for like two months. It was like you can break my ankle, you can break my arm but you start messing with (my) brain, oh, that’s the worst. It’s the worst. I remember I got home and I wasn’t able to drive but I felt so on edge just sitting in my room.”
Quote via POST Wrestling.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’