Former TNT Champion Darby Allin has discussed his relationship with Sting, giving his theory on why the duo work so well together.
Sting returns to the ring tonight at Double or Nothing, teaming with Allin to face Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page. According to Allin, he feels the most comfortable when surrounded by wrestling veterans.
Speaking with Digital Spy, Allin explained that he loves to focus on the business. Revealing that he’s been travelling to Texas to train with The Icon, Allin stated that Sting is not taking this opportunity lightly.
Looking forward to the live crowd, Allin said:
“I’ve been going down to his house in Texas and training. He’s not taking this lightly, he ain’t taking this for granted. This is a lot, he has a lot to prove in this match, and he’s been working at it for sure. Both of us are super excited because it’s going to be a full crowd. It screws with the mind, I feel, when someone of his calibre, whose whole career was these insane crowd reactions, comes in during the pandemic. He’s had some good, big reactions when he first came in but that was, like, half the building. So, packing that out, I can only imagine.
“I knew it would work just because we have the same sense of, like, we’re here for business, we’re here to really just focus on business. Sting’s not going to come up to me and gossip and stuff like that. So it feels natural for me to be around the veterans, because they don’t have time and head space to even care about any of that stuff. If they’d have put me with a younger guy, I’d probably head-butt the wall.”
The AEW Tag Team Championship will also be on the line at Double or Nothing, with The Young Bucks set to defend against Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley. Kingston recently discussed his reaction to the AEW Revolution explosion botch.
Kenny Omega will defend his AEW World Championship against PAC and Orange Cassidy. Omega has detailed the last conversation he had with Will Ospreay and Jay White before leaving NJPW.
Double or Nothing airs on Fite at 8pm ET.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’