Darby Allin has recently revealed that he was hyped to lose the TNT Championship on AEW Dynamite in the way he did.
Discussing about his TNT Title victory, Allin stated that he didn’t know that he was winning until the day of Full Gear 2020. According to the AEW star, pretty much the opposite was the case regarding his title loss to Miro.
Speaking with the Wrestling Perspective Podcast, Allin noted that he didn’t want to overstay his welcome. His title loss came when he was on top, the way he wanted to go out.
Here is the full quote:
“No, that’s a different story. I was hyped to go out when I did because I was having those string of main events and we were drawing good numbers when I was main eventing. I didn’t want to overstay my welcome. Like, ‘What the f**k, when’s this guy gonna lose?’ I didn’t want to be that guy. I don’t have no ego when it comes to this. I was like, ‘Dude, I’m ready to roll out when I’m on top with it,’ so it was good. I really liked it.”
Miro defeated Allin for the TNT Championship on last week’s episode of Dynamite. He will put his title on the line against Lance Archer at Double or Nothing.
At the May 30 event, Allin will team with Sting to take on Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page. You can check out the rest of the Double or Nothing card here.
Quote via Fightful.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours