Notable by his absence at last night’s Royal Rumble event was Dash Wilder of The Revival, who was nowhere to be found as his regular tag partner Scott Dawson teamed with Rezar of AOP in a losing effort to tag champions Bobby Roode and Chad Gable.
Reports came out last week that The Revival had requested their release from WWE, which was refused, and we understand the duo then asked to leave again this past week at Raw and received the same response.
Wilder, as the Rumble show was underway, tweeted the following, showing a simple waving emoji that seemed to indicate he was on his way out of the promotion:
Cue the inevitable speculation that Wilder was on his way to AEW, seemingly without Scott Dawson by his side.
However, it is our understanding that Dawson has not been granted his release and that the tweet was approved by WWE because it is all part of an angle playing into the reports of The Revival wanting to leave the promotion.
Dash and Dawson have posted similar cryptic tweets in recent months, including calling out The Young Bucks for a match and captioning an image of them talking to Vince on Raw with a quote that referenced their ongoing behind the scenes situation.
So, for now at least, it seems that Wilder is going nowhere and this is merely an angle designed to get people talking. Which it has succeeded in doing.
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- Big Former WWE Name Backstage At ROH Supercard Of Honor
- Changes To Big WrestleMania 39 Weekend Match