Following recent reports, Triple H has revealed the planned date for the next NXT TakeOver special, ahead of NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
On Sunday, NXT takes over, once again reviving the In Your House brand. Triple H has confirmed that after the June 13 show, the next NXT special will take place on SummerSlam weekend.
During today’s (June 10) NXT TakeOver media call, Triple H confirmed that the current plan is for the next event to air the night after SummerSlam. When asked about future plans, Triple H said:
“So, it’s a little bit of a work in progress as far as where that show lands for the SummerSlam weekend TakeOver. We’re in a unique time coming out of the pandemic and getting back on the road and doing live events and SummerSlam going to Vegas in a stadium and hopefully we’ll have a full house, it should be awesome but it’s a unique time, a lot of it is everyone is trying to feel things out.”
In the past, NXT TakeOver events have preceded WWE pay-per-views, so it’s an interesting decision to have The Gold Brand close SummerSlam weekend.
Triple H also discussed all-women’s shows. Commenting on the possibility of Evolution 2, Triple H also shared his thoughts on Mickie James’ upcoming NWA special.
Quote via Wrestle Zone.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE Raw Revealed
- Hulk Hogan Leaked As Shock Ric Flair Return Match Opponent?
- Cody Rhodes Comments On Upcoming AEW Double Or Nothing PPV
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Clarification On Exactly When Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out Of Last Week’s WWE Raw
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Jake Roberts ‘So Scared’ Of Losing Friendship With WWE Hall Of Famer
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- AEW Double Or Nothing To Be Shown In Select Cinemas