The date for the next AEW Grand Slam event at New York City’s Arthur Ashe Stadium has been revealed.
All Elite Wrestling held their first stadium show last September for the Grand Slam event at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City, which was the most attended live event for the company.
Earlier this month, AEW President Tony Khan confirmed that the promotion would return to the venue later this year, but didn’t announce the date.
On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that the plan is to hold the Grand Slam show in mid-September.
“Grand Slam, which he [Khan] has talked about, they’re going to do it. He wants Grand Slam to be an annual tradition as the biggest TV of the year. He did not say this, but we in fact know, it will be mid-September on a Wednesday night in Arthur Ashe stadium, they’ve got it booked.”
The first AEW Grand Slam saw Kenny Omega face Bryan Danielson in a 30 minute time limit draw as well as Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D vs. Ruby Soho for the AEW Women’s World Championship.
The company is coming off their latest pay-per-view, Double Or Nothing, which saw CM Punk defeat Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Championship.
For the full results from this event, click here.
Quotes via Wrestlingnews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18