We knew very little about WWE’s pay per view plans after WrestleMania as nothing has been officially announced. However, that is no longer the case as the dates for Backlash 2021 and Money in the Bank 2021 have been revealed.
Mike Johnson of PWInsider has reported that WWE’s Money in the Bank show will be taking place on May 16, 2021. This would be five weeks after WrestleMania 37 airs this weekend. Last year’s edition of the show featured the infamous Climb The Corporate Ladder match with the briefcase being suspended above WWE Headquarters.
The following month will reportedly feature the Backlash pay per view event. Backlash 2021 will be taking place on June 20, 2021. Last year’s event featured the “Greatest Wrestling Match Ever”, between Randy Orton and Edge.
Of course, no other details are currently known about these two shows as storylines will be affected by WrestleMania. Once that show is out of the way, WWE will begin building to their next event.
One person who appears to be looking forward to Money in the Bank is SmackDown star Kevin Owens. He recently expressed his desire to win the briefcase on an episode of Talking Smack.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’