A former world champion blames Tony Schiavone for his wrestling career.
In 2000, one of the most controversial moments in wrestling history occurred when David Arquette won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
This divisive moment has been debated ever since and some fans are still wondering how it all came to be.
Speaking on Hey! (EW), RJ City asked Arquette who is to blame for his professional wrestling career. He answered:
“Tony Schiavone threw my name in the hat as a joke which ended up taking on a life of its own, so thank you, Tony.”
“Thank you, Schiavone. I tried to get him in the wrestling documentary that I did…I couldn’t find him so I got Howdy Price.”
The documentary that the former WCW World Champion mentioned is “You Can’t Kill David Arquette”, which was an examination of his return to wrestling in the late 2010s.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon