David Arquette has revealed how plans to wrestle Cody Rhodes and perform on AEW for his documentary fell through.
In 2020, Arquette released his documentary called “You Cannot Kill David Arquette”, which focused on his journey back into the wrestling world.
Speaking to Chris Van Vliet on Insight, David Arquette revealed a few plans for his documentary involving All Elite Wrestling that fell through.
“I was talking to Cody Rhodes about trying to have him in the film, it was right as the AEW stuff was coming together. Yeah, I did (pitch a match). I thought it would be so funny like, ‘You disrespected the belt and my dad had it and I’m going to pay him back.'”
The movie star infamously won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship back in 2000 and became a joke to many in the industry.
Arquette went on to talk about how he hoped to appear on AEW to help promote his film, saying:
“That’s one thing that was a little upsetting, especially with AEW because they had all the guys in AEW that were in the movie and I wanted to go and do a match or something to promote the movie and they were like [no]. I think it was TNT, they were like trying to charge me to wrestle.”
Arquette continued on by saying he felt that there was some confusion on AEW’s part as to what he was looking for:
“It went through like the publicity department to TNT or something and they were like, ‘Well, it cost this to…’ ‘Forget it.’ We were looking to advertise on the shows, at least some form of advertisement within AEW, but they looked at it like, ‘We charge this much for someone to promote in the ring.’ That was a little depressing because I knew a bunch of the guys over there.”
AEW officially started in early 2019 before making its way onto TNT in October of that same year.
During his journey back into wrestling, David Arquette wrestled and trained with a few AEW stars like Jungle Boy and Peter Avalon.
The former WCW Champion hasn’t performed in the ring since 2019 and is currently filming “The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry.”
Quotes via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away