Dax Harwood has commented on his and Cash Wheeler’s relationships with Triple H while FTR were in NXT, amid WWE return rumors.
With Harwood recently confirming that he and Wheeler have made a decision on their next move, it has been heavily speculated that the duo will return to WWE, with Triple H now running creative.
Harwood and Wheeler notably wrestled under Triple H’s creative direction on the NXT brand, prior to their main roster call-ups in 2017.
Speaking on his FTR with Dax podcast, Harwood recalled his time in NXT.
Noting that he and Wheeler weren’t ‘Hunter guys’, Harwood said:
“He’s someone who changed the trajectory of my career, Cash’s career, and he did it by being a boss first, being a mentor second, and I learned, you know, I’ve said it before, we were never Hunter guys and’ll hold to that until the day we retire.
“I do believe that we were one of his favorites, skill wise, talent wise, I think we were, but we weren’t one of the guys I think he wanted to build the company around or the brand around.
“I think he understood what we offered. I think he understood how, this is egotistical, but how good we were in the ring, the stories we get to tell, and I think he knew that we could be a piece to the puzzle, but I don’t think he wanted us to be the whole puzzle.”
“He loved (Johnny) Gargano and he loved (Tommaso) Ciampa. He loves those guys. He loved Fergal (Finn Balor) and those were his guys.
“So when I say we weren’t his guys, it’s not that he wasn’t a fan of ours, or we weren’t any of his favorite in-ring guys, it’s just we weren’t the guys that I think he wanted to build the company around.
“Like I said, we were out for a couple of weeks. Both of us got injured. I had surgery and Ciampa was just a little banged up. Hunter would call or text him and ask, ‘How are things going?’
“I had surgery and I’m sitting at home and I’m trying to rush back because we got to come back to drop the belts to Gargano and Ciampa, and I heard nothing.”
Harwood also discussed his and Wheeler’s decision about their next move, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups