In a first-time ever match-up, members of FTR Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood found themselves taking on each other.
On tonight’s (April 27) AEW Dynamite, a massive showcase of epic wrestling occurred when Dax Harwood took on Cash Wheeler in a hard-fought battle to qualify for the Owen Hart Foundation Tournament.
Harwood joins other male roster members already having qualified, Adam Cole, Samoa Joe and Kyle O’Reilly.
Tonight’s episode also saw Tony Schiavone interview several women’s roster members who qualified for entry to the tournament, Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D.,Jamie Hayter and Ruby Soho & Toni Storm who along with Red Velvet, and Hikaru Shida make up the women’s bracket thus far.
The Owen Hart Memorial Cup Tournament is currently announced to begin next month and will feature both a men’s and a women’s tournament to crown the inaugural winners at AEW’s Double or Nothing on May 29, 2022 with plans for Dr. Martha Hart, Owen’s widow, to be in attendance at the event.
You can view all the wins/loss statistics for both the women’s and men’s AEW roster by clicking here.
And @DaxFTR advances into the #OwenHart Foundation Men's Tournament after that brilliant match with @CashWheelerFTR! Watch #AEWDynamite LIVE on @TBSNetwork right now! pic.twitter.com/OVMYwpbczH
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) April 28, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite