The ‘Demo God’ himself Chris Jericho has taken to Twitter to celebrate AEW Fight for the Fallen beating WWE NXT in the ratings this week.
AEW had a higher overall viewership than NXT by over 150,000 viewers, and was also dominant in the important 18-49 demo. To put it in basic terms, the demo is important in TV land because people aged 18-49 are the most likely to buy the products that are advertised.
Cool that we won the overall viewers, but advertisers and the network don’t really care. All that matters is we CRUSHED it in THE DEMO! 0.29 to 0.14! #DemoGod @AEWrestling @wwe
When someone said in the replies that this is all Jericho joking around and people are taking it too seriously, he replied: “No, I’m totally serious”.
AEW held its Fight for the Fallen show on Wednesday which featured both a TNT Title match and World Title match, while NXT featured a Women’s Title match and a match for both the NXT and North American Titles, which are both held by Keith Lee. The latter wasn’t advertised ahead of the show, though.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title