The most unexpected opening of wrestling’s ‘Forbidden Door’ took place on last night’s (January 7) episode of WWE SmackDown, when WWE announced that IMPACT Knockouts Champion Mickie James would be a part of the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match.
James was referred to as the Knockouts Champion on air by Pat McAfee, and is set to defend he championship against Deonna Purrazzo at IMPACT’s Hard to Kill pay-per-view tonight.
Purrazzo herself took to Twitter to react to the announcement of James entering the Rumble, saying:
— The Virtuosa (@DeonnaPurrazzo) January 8, 2022
IMPACT Hall of Famer Gail Kim commented on James opening the Forbidden Door, saying:
— Gail Kim-Irvine (@gailkimITSME) January 8, 2022
James’ husband, former NWA Worlds Champion Nick Aldis also reacted to James entering the Rumble, saying:
At the risk of being a cringe sentimental tweet, I do want to say how proud I am of @MickieJames for once again just hitting the ground running and proving that you can't stop true top level talent if they're all business like her…& props to @nwa, @IMPACTWRESTLING & @WWE.
— Nick Aldis (@RealNickAldis) January 8, 2022
Finally, news of the Forbidden Door opening up in WWE peaked the interest of Raw star Cedric Alexander, who simply asked:
Sooooo we got forbidden doors around here? https://t.co/hR82gSi273
— PRIME Alexander (@CedricAlexander) January 8, 2022
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite