During an interview with the Sitting Ringside podcast, current IMPACT Knockout’s Champion Deonna Purrazzo spoke about wanting a match with a top AEW star at the IMPACT Wrestling Hard To Kill pay-per-view event next month.
IMPACT & AEW are seemingly worked together now, with Kenny Omega appearing on the last two IMPACT shows, and Purrazzo has said that she’d like a match with Britt Baker off the back of this new partnership:
“[I want to face] the role model, the face of their women’s division. Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D is my best friend. She’s one of my best friends. I would love to wrestle Britt at Hard To Kill, I would love to wrestle [Hiraru] Shida at Hard To Kill. But as far as our IMPACT roster goes, my number one right now because we’ve had some interactions is Taya Valkyrie. Because she’s the longest-reigning Knockouts Champion of all time,” and I’m over it. So I would like to defeat her, break her arm, maybe piledrive her and shut her up for a little bit. So definitely Taya, [and] a rematch with Rosemary would be great.”
It has been speculated that Kenny Omega is going to challenge and ultimately defeat Rich Swann to win the IMPACT World Championship at next month’s pay-per-view, although this match has not been confirmed by either promotion at this stage.
Thanks to WrestleZone for the transcription.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence
- Confirmed Schedule Errors For AEW Dynamite Head-To-Head With WWE NXT