The backstage details behind Scorpio Sky winning the TNT Championship from Sammy Guevara on AEW Dynamite have been revealed.
According to Fightful Select, Scorpio Sky’s title win had been planned as far back as late 2021.
Sky defeated Sammy Guevara to win the TNT Championship in the main event of last night’s Dynamite.
Cody Rhodes’ departure from All Elite Wrestling caused a “minimal” hiccup to what was supposed to happen, but everything pretty much went as planned.
AEW apparently had plans in place since Miro was the TNT Champion for Sammy Guevara to beat him, then lose the title to Cody Rhodes and regain it back.
Rhodes being unable to make his scheduled title defense at the first AEW Battle of the Belts delayed things by a week.
It looks like All Elite Wrestling has general long term plans for most of their titles based on this report and previous comments made by Tony Khan.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18