IMPACT Wrestling announcer Matt Striker announced last night (January 6) that he had been released from his IMPACT Wrestling contact in a now-deleted Tweet.
Striker’s tweet read:
“I am disappointed that my time with #ImpactonAXSTV is done. I REALLY enjoyed that locker room. Thanks for allowing me to tell your story. Thanks, everyone. Stay safe.”
Striker did not provide a reason for his release in the statement, but we now have more details as to why IMPACT decided to terminate Striker’s deal.
Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, notes that IMPACT management weren’t happy with Striker’s performance as the show’s lead announcer, noting that this is ‘something that had been in the works for months’.
Striker took over from Josh Mathews as the lead announcer for the show at the 2021 Hard to Kill event. Striker had been working alongside D’Lo Brown.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39