Perhaps the most shocking pick in the 2021 WWE Draft occured when the Raw brand drafted Olympic Gold Medalist Gable Steveson to join their roster after he had only signed with WWE a month prior.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided more details on Steveson’s inclusion in the draft. Per the report, Gable’s inclusion in the draft was not a closely guarded secret backstage, with talent, staff and production reportedly knowing the day before Raw that Steveson’s name would be read out.
WWE reportedly wanted a ‘surprise factor’ when the Olympian’s name was announced, which is why he was not included in the images for any of the draft pools.
Steveson was not present at the venue on the night of the draft, but the internal run sheets had an entrance listed for him.
The report also notes that there are no imminent plans for Steveson on the Raw brand.
Steveson recently appeared on WWE After the Bell, where he spoke about what names in WWE he hopes to lock up with in the future.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39