Some new details have emerged regarding the hiring of Adnan Virk as the new lead announcer for WWE Raw who debuted this past Monday.
Adnan Virk announced the show alongside Corey Graves and Byron Saxton, replacing the former team of Tom Phillips, Saxton and Samoa Joe.
As per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was WWE President Nick Khan who spearheaded the hiring of Virk.
He has not been trained yet at this point, which was pretty evident during matches as he was getting some names wrong and didn’t know a lot of the moves.
That’s not his fault, it’s just because he’s brand new.
It usually takes a while before WWE decides an announcer is fully ready after being trained and calling matches in a studio, so it’s interesting that Virk was just thrust onto the show without that.
He also said in an interview after Raw earlier this week that he hadn’t even met Vince McMahon yet.
This comes ahead of Pat McAfee debuting as the color commentator for SmackDown tonight.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery