It was reported earlier this week that a new COVID-19 outbreak had taken place in WWE. The outbreak occurred at the Performance Center a couple of weeks ago. Now, details have emerged regarding this latest outbreak.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that trainees at the Performance Center had been training four days a week. The report also mentioned that they were being tested at least weekly. Talent are required to be tested before all shows they appear on.
It was clear that this week’s NXT was impacted by the outbreak in a big way. The women’s number one contendership battle royale saw the most obvious changes. Many of the people in the crowd were either sent home or had to participate in the battle royale. The report also stated that WWE has been renovating the Performance Center with trainees working out in a makeshift Performance Center.
It remains to be seen if any of the major upcoming matches will be impacted by the outbreak. NXT Takeover 31 is set to take place on October 4 while WWE’s Clash of Champions is scheduled for September 27.
What do you think of how WWE has handled the COVID-19 outbreak? Let us know on Twitter!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed