Last night prior to SmackDown, Fightful reported that Adam Cole was set to attend a meeting with Vince McMahon prior to the show regarding his potential contract extension.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has obtained details on the meeting, noting that Cole was taken directly to Vince McMahon in a meeting that appeared to be a high priority to McMahon himself.
One source high up in WWE said that they had heard the meeting went well, and that McMahon had taken a liking to Cole on a personal level.
People backstage at the show noted that Cole was not around during the show. WWE originally hoped to bring Cole to last week’s show in Minnesota, but waited until this week’s show in Tampa for logistical reasons.
Fightful was informed that there were pitches for Cole on both Raw and Smackdown over the last week if he were to re-sign with the company, with sources telling them that Cole was informed that he is wanted on the main roster.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title