More details have emerged on a production botch that occurred during the Vince McMahon WrestleMania 38 segment.
Following Pat McAfee’s win over Austin Theory, the WWE Chairman entered the ring for an impromptu bout against the SmackDown announcer.
McMahon was victorious over McAfee, following interference from Theory.
While McMahon and Theory were celebrating in the ring, the Boss did a noticeable double-take when Theory’s music started playing. Shortly thereafter, glass shattered, and Austin made his way down to the ring.
Per WrestlingNews.co, Theory’s music was never meant to play. Vince’s early reaction was because he was anticipating Austin’s music, which was intended to be the next track played.
There is reportedly no heat on anyone for the mix-up, with McMahon said to be in a good mood all weekend.
The report also revealed the backstage reaction to Vince McMahon’s botched Stone Cold Stunner, which you can read more about right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other