Some new details have emerged regarding Ricardo Rodriguez and his status at AEW after he was on the Spanish announce team this week.
It was unknown whether it was a one-off, if he’d signed full-time, or whatever the case may have been, but a new report seems to have shed some light on those questions.
According to Sportskeeda, Ricardo Rodriguez was doing Spanish commentary as a “tryout” and isn’t currently signed, or at least wasn’t signed as of when he was doing it.
However, it was noted that things “look positive” and the tryout went well.
He used his real name Jesus Rodriguez and did commentary alongside Alex Abrahantes and Alvaro Riojas.
Former AEW Spanish announcer Willie Urbina was fired several months ago after he did a mock version of Hikaru Shida’s Japanese accent.
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Spoke To WWE Management After Infamous Promo
- The Acclaimed Celebrates National Scissoring Day On AEW Dynamite
- Spoiler On Suspended AEW Star’s Return
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away