More news has come to light regarding Roman Reigns and the headline-making comments he made at a house show this past weekend.
Reigns said he was entering a new phase in his life, and thanked the fans in Trenton, New Jersey, saying he doesn’t know if he’ll ever wrestle there again.
According to an update from Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Reigns has signed a new deal with WWE for far less dates than his previous deal, so he’ll be working a lot less house shows than he used to.
“The situation is that he got a new deal, and the new deal is for far less dates, so he’s not gonna be doing… I don’t know how many house shows he’s gonna be doing, but it will be much less than the number that he’s doing now. It’s one of the perks of being there for a while and being valuable there is you can kind of call certain shots. And he’s got the power to maintain the championship and work fewer dates like Lesnar had and Hulk Hogan used to have.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
This follows a report from Fightful, which indicated that Reigns was still factored into WWE’s creative plans and he won’t be leaving the company any time soon, which is what some fans had feared after hearing his comments.
We’ll continue to keep you posted with any more updates as they emerge.
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Top WWE Star Admits Injury ‘Still Isn’t Feeling Right’ Despite Return
- William Regal Shares Farewell Message For Blackpool Combat Club
- Returning AEW Star Reveals He Did Not Want To Take Hiatus
- Another Top WWE Star Pulled From Upcoming Shows
- WWE Star Wants To Apply For Great British Bake Off
- WWE Hall Of Famer Discusses Potential Royal Rumble Match Entry
- Popular AEW Star’s Contract Expiring In July 2023
- Here’s What NXT’s Shawn Michaels Had To Say About William Regal
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return