Last week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown was rather newsworthy. On the show, not only did Bray Wyatt introduce a new WWE Championship for The Fiend, but also three injured stars returned to the blue brand.
One of the SmackDown stars who returned to TV last week was Elias. Prior to missing three months of action with an ankle injury, Elias was a heel on the blue brand. However, he might have just turned babyface.
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Elias and fellow SmackDown star Lacey Evans might have subtly turned babyface on last week’s show.
Speaking on the Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer discussed Evans and Elias turning on Friday night’s show:
“So the key was that Bayley wouldn’t like attack her. [Lacey Evans] attacked Sasha and Bayley backed off. So like Bayley didn’t help Sasha either so Bayley wouldn’t jump her. The idea was that Bayley was afraid of her, yeah [Lacey Evans] turned. Elias turned with no turn so we’re doing a lot of turns with no turns.”
If Lacey Evans does enter an official feud with Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Championship, it will be clear that she has officially turned face.
It seems like we will have to wait until Friday Night SmackDown later this week to find out what the future holds for both Lacey Evans and Elias now that they have allegedly turned babyface.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With