On the November 4, 2019 episode of Monday Night Raw, WWE Champion Brock Lesnar brutally attacked Raw commentator Dio Maddin.
Maddin has not been seen on any of the four episodes of Raw that followed to sell the attack. However, it was believed that he would be returning in the near future.
However, Ryan Satin confirmed as part of The Satin Sheet on WWE Backstage that the company has decided to permanently remove Dio Maddin from his position as Raw’s colour commentator.
Maddin will instead return to the WWE Performance Center in Tampa, Florida to train to become a WWE Superstar. This means that he will no longer be on the road with the Raw roster.
With regards to a replacement, Satin confirmed that former United States Champion Samoa Joe will be filling in for Maddin until he is ready to return to the ring following an injury.
Samoa Joe has done a stellar job replacing Dio on a few of the episodes of Raw since the Brock Lesnar attack. Joe is great in the role, and it is nice to see WWE finally acknowledging Joe’s tremendous abilities on the mic.
I was actually a big fan of Dio Maddin on Raw commentary and feel that he did a great job in the month or so that he was in the role. Let’s hope WWE’s permanent replacement for Maddin is just as good.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?