Former TNA Knockout and current Ring of Honor star Angelina Love recently appeared on the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell, where she discussed what caused her to leave TNA in 2009.
The former Women of Honor champion said:
“The first time I left in 2009 was because they screwed up my work visa. A lot of people thought that was my fault, but that literally had nothing to do with me. It was all the company. Once they resolved that, I came back in 2010. I quit in 2012 because I was not being used properly. That Winter storyline was going nowhere. Then Vince (Russo) was out, and new people were in.”
Love then went on to suggest that former CEO Dixie Carter wanted her to shave her head, saying:
“If you weren’t ex-WWE, or if they didn’t come up with a storyline for you, you were not used. I was paid per appearance. After that, Dixie told me that she wanted me to shave my head and do a completely different character. I was like, ‘What part did you say?’, and she just couldn’t get out of the conversation fast enough. Nobody seemed to care at that time. Bruce Prichard was there. Eric Bischoff was there. I was not a fan of theirs so I decided it was time for me to go. After five years of me and Velvet killing it, if they couldn’t see my worth at that point, I didn’t need to stay there.”
Angelina Love has been signed to Ring of Honor since April 2019, and is a former Women of Honor champion.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him