WWE star Doudrop has revealed her initial reaction when she found out her in-ring name was being changed from Piper Niven to Doudrop.
Following Piper Niven’s Raw debut in June, it was reported that the former NXT UK star would be receiving a new name soon. Aligned with Eva Marie, Niven was introduced to the WWE main roster as Doudrop.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, Doudrop revealed that upon her call-up, she just took the ball and ran with it. Grateful for the opportunity, Doudrop said:
“Not going to lie, at first they were like, ‘Your new name is going to be Doudrop,’ and I was like, ‘K.’ But I’m the type of person who takes an opportunity and runs with it,” Doudrop said. “It doesn’t matter what it is. In this business, opportunities aren’t necessarily plenty, so I just took that ball and ran with it. It’s all about what you make of it. So far I think it’s been pretty good.”
Doudrop’s mentor, Eva Marie, faces Alexa Bliss at SummerSlam tonight (August 21). This will be Marie’s first singles match since her WWE return in June.
On Friday’s episode of SmackDown, Roman Reigns stated that he’d leave WWE if he couldn’t defeat John Cena at SummerSlam. Viewership for this week’s show was up, ahead of the Biggest Party of the Summer.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023