Another top Mexican star claims that he also can’t work with NJPW following the news of AEW stars unable to work at Forbidden Door.
As previously noted, LuchaBlog reported that AEW stars Andrade El Idolo, Penta Oscuro and Rey Fenix are unable to work the upcoming Forbidden Door event on June 26 due to their association with AAA and NJPW’s relationship with rival promotion CMLL.
Dragon Lee is a former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion and two-time ROH Television Champion. He has most recently worked with AAA, but previously worked with CMLL.
Lee tweeted the following in response to Andrade’s original tweet saying he can’t work the pay-per-view, saying:
Me neither, damn politics
Me neither, damn politics ??♂️ https://t.co/cSUGArcJaX
— Dragon Lee ドラゴンリー (@dragonlee95) June 14, 2022
For the full lineup for the Forbidden Door pay-per-view, click here.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee