NXT referee Drake Wuertz missed this past Tuesday’s episode of the show to argue that COVID-19 masks should not be worn in Florida schools.
In the Seminole County Public Schools meeting, Wuertz suggested that the dangers of wearing a mask outweigh the dangers of COVID-19.
He also told the Superintendent that he’d be going against the wishes of God if he made masks a requirement in schools.
Drake Wuertz argued that masks “assist predators who wish to prey upon children”, and that teachers wouldn’t be able to identify pupils.
That was this past Tuesday, but a week earlier, he was actually on a Seminole County Board of County Commissioners Zoom call while backstage at the Performance Center, arguing against a local mask mandate.
Wuertz had been suspended by WWE earlier this year and has received demotions within the NXT system, as Darryl Sharma is now the head referee.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39